Advanced Cybernetic Hand
|Advanced Cybernetic Hand|
|Size||1 liter average|
|Weight||1 kg average|
- It is a replacement for an organic manipulator.
- The exact size and dimensions of the hand are tailored to match the physical characteristics of the recipient.
A battery powered replacement manipulator constructed from strong lightweight materials. It is designed to have superior dexterity and capabilities compared to an organic hand.
- An Advanced Cybernetic Hand replaces approximately 3% of the body in humans. In other sophonts, a hand may represent a greater or lesser percentage of the body.
- It may have a pseudobio appearance, with synthetic skin, silent operation and normal body temperatures.
- Some individuals prefer a colorful or bizarre finish or leave the internal mechanics of the arm exposed.
The Advanced Cybernetic Hand directly connects to the individual's nervous system, allowing it to be controlled as though it were a natural manipulator, and provides heightened sensory feedback such as touch, pressure, texture and temperature. Modifications and devices fitted to the hand may be consciously controlled and directed.
- The hand provides feedback about its power levels, functionality, and component status.
- Exceeding the design specifications may cause the arm to malfunction or cause injury to the individual. In extreme cases it may tear away from the body.
The Advanced Cybernetic Hand is a life-like prosthesis designed to replace an organic hand. It cannot be an independent upgrade: it must be attached to an Advanced Cybernetic Arm.
The Advanced Hand is a configuration modification for the Advanced Cybernetic Arm, but may itself be fitted with a configuration modification. Typical upgrades include:
- Built-In Hand Computer: input may be entered vocally or manually, output is displayed on a small inbuilt screen fitted with a protective cover.
- Built-In Transceiver: a compact Radio Communicator that does not rely on the presence of an established communications network.
- Built-In Sensor Package: includes an Electromagnetic Sensor, a Geiger Counter, a Motion Sensor, and a Temperature Sensor that provides feedback via a small screen.
- Hand Razors (Weaponization): 10mm retractible blades located in the tips of the digits.
- Armor: the hand may be fitted with armor, either as an integral feature or as external plates.
No information yet available.
References & Contributors (Sources)
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Mongoose Traveller: Cybernetics Mongoose Publishing 2011, pg 44.
- Fire, Fusion, & Steel, Game Designers Workshop 1994, pgs 84-86.
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science