Aam (Da 1604) (world)
|Primary||K9 V M0 V|
|Army size (BEs)||0|
|World Trade Number||2.5|
|Trade Volume (MCr/year)||0|
|Building Capacity (Tons)||0|
|Port passengers (annual)||0|
Aam supports a population of fewer than 10,000 sophonts. It is a member of Third Imperium in the Old Suns Subsector of Dagudashaag Sector and in the Domain of Vland. Aam, as a member world of the Third Imperium, holds the estate of an Imperial knight, a member of the Imperial Nobility charged with overseeing the world. During the Long Night this world was named Nuunzaaind.
Astrography and planetology
No information yet available.
Binary Solar System
Aam Binary Star System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Aam Primary Primary Orange K9 V Aam Companion Secondary Red M0 V
History and background
Aam is a minor agricultural backwater and retreat for those tired of the hectic core worlds.
Aam is famous only for the vast numbers of Terran Swallows that live here giving the planet its alternative name of "Swallows’ World". Introduced around 120 by some well-to-do, homesick Solomani, the birds thrived on this moderate gravity world and its abundant insect life. In the intervening years, the swallows have evolved into a distinct sub-species, and now have become such an integral part of the local biosphere and treasured by the locals. A stylized image of the Swallow is the official emblem of Aam.
History: Milieu 0
References and contributors
- Jae Campbell. "Library Data: Old Suns." Signal-GK 04 (1992): 46. via HIWG
- Marc Miller. First Survey (Imperium Games, 1996), 79.
- Stuart L. Dollar, Joseph E. Walsh. Psionic Institutes (Imperium Games, 1997), 8.
- Jae Campbell. Encyclopaedia Dagudashaag (Signal-GK, 2017), 9.
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science