|Aaugkhuur/Kerr (Massilia 0802)|
|Classic Era (1115)|| |
|New Era (1200)|| |
- As an industrial world, this planet has well-developed manufacturing and processing industries. Manufactured goods are a major export item.
- It is unable to produce quality foodstuffs and must import them.
- This a "high technology" world with technology achievements at, near, or over technology standards for Charted Space.
- It is a member of the Third Imperium in the Kerr Subsector of Massilia Sector in the Domain of Sylea.
Description (Astrography & Planetology)
No information yet available
Aaugkhuur Monostellar System Star Name Hierarchy Color Classification Remarks Aaugkhuur Primary Orange K4 V
History & Background (Dossier)
Imperial High (Landed) Nobility
History-Era: New Era
Augkhuur survived the collapse of the Ziru Sirka, the Rule of Man and the subsequent Long Night, always managing to make an effective comeback. It was third time unlucky though, when Virus ate through its computer networks, and asphyxiated the population when their life support systems failed. Because the Virus that struck the system was a primitive Samson strain, it inflicted few direct casualties upon the populace, sparing them the mechanical horrors to which other high population worlds were subjected. By all accounts the surviving Augkhuurians were crowded into progressively cramped quarters as food, air and water gave out. The slow process finally ended in 1134, when last few million people committed suicide by ingesting poison normally used to control vermin in their sealed habitats.
- Kaggushusian scout vessels grounded on the planet for the first time in 1183 and declared the system a cemetery world. Under Hub World regulations access to the planet is limited to accredited contractors trained, equipped and given legal mandate for salvage operations. Since 1190 this has been the Mynoris Corporation of Kaggushus. Mynoris has reoccupied the former downport, having constructed a temporary Class D facility both to support its small base and transport salvage. Given the small size of the base staff, exploration has thus far been limited to the former port and a few surrounding habitats. The base personnel are for support of operations only, actual salvage work is carried out by transient teams subcontracted to the company. While the relic TL–12 technology is no more advanced than what is currently available to the Hub Worlds, recovery of factory and fabrication equipment reduces the strain of helping worlds other than Kaggushus in recovering their antebellum technology levels.