Alternate Traveller Universe
- Many have become rich, very well developed settings ("universes") that have been published and enjoyed by other fans.
One of the joys of having a tool kit like Traveller is that it is endlessly modifiable, which is exactly what fans do.
- Many of the OTU concepts and leitwortstil appear throughout Traveller works.
At core, Traveller is classic science fiction. These are the surface ideas, the easily reader-apparent concepts:
- Science Fiction Themes
Leitwortstil are repeated phrases, words, and ideas that appear and reappear in this Traveller literary works:
- Feudal Confederation
- FTL / NAFAL
- Galactic Encyclopedia
- Gravimetrics AKA Antigravity
- Intergalactic Scouts / Space Rangers
- Jump Drive
- Meson Technology
- Sophonts & Sophontology
- Spinal Mount
- Technology & Technology Levels
- Travel Passage
- Travel Zones
- Universal Codes
There are hundreds, perhaps thousands of Alternate Traveller Universes.
- The storyline in-between the Imperium Eternal and the Galaxiad is unclear.
- The Imperium Eternal or Lorenverse is the primary setting of GURPS Traveller.
These are a selected few of the many ATU's that exist, mostly published ones:
- The Bastards of Foreven DSL Ironworks
- Clement Sector setting from Gypsy Knights Games
- Cthonian Stars
- Distant Fringe
- Infinitys Shore
- Outer Veil
- Permatic Imperium
- Reign of Discordia
- These Stars Are Ours!
- Where The Stars End
References & Contributors (Sources)
- EXTERNAL LINK: Freelance Trav: A Tribute to the Burgess Shale Period of Traveller by Ken Pick
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science