A-4 Voodi class Strike Bomber
|A-4 Voodi class Strike Bomber|
Distant Fringe vessel.
|Type: FM Fighter|
|Canon||No. Unpublished, non-canon fan design.|
|Cost|| MCr42.865 |
MCr.34.292 in quantity
|Passengers||0 High/Med 0 Low|
|Starships are designed with the Classic Traveller format, using High Guard Shipyard v1.13 written by Andrea Vallance.|
The A-4 Voodi class Strike Bomber is a combatant smallcraft.
- It is a military ship and a Bomber.
- Please also see AAB article: Ships of the Distant Fringe.
- Please also see AAB article: Warships of the Distant Fringe.
The A-4 Bomber is a sleek, expensive black beauty designed for dual environment, deep penetration raids over enemy territory to deliver nuclear ordnance.
They lack a bridge which reduces the efficiency of the model/3 ship computer. Extensive ECM and stealth is integrated into the streamlined conical hull. Lightly armored with EMS baffling armor platelets, it has a triple missile rail weapons array. The majority of the cost is associated with the massive power plant. They have a small craft stateroom for extended range life support.
No information yet available.
Basic Ship Characteristics
Following the Imperial Navy and IISS Universal Ship Profile and data, additional information is presented in the format shown here. The small craft factor indicates the number of squadrons (...of ten subcraft) carried on the ship. Tonnage on the universal ship profile is shown in kilotons (...thousands of tons) where necessary. 
|Basic Ship Characteristics |
|1.||Tonnage / Hull||20 tons.|
|2.||Crew||x1 crew: pilot.|
|4.||Electronics||Model 3(2) computer.|
|6.||Armament|| The normal weapons fit-out for it is:
|7.||Defenses||Factor-1 hull armor.|
|9.||Fuel Treatment||Fuel Scoops|
|10.||Cost|| MCr42.865 |
MCr.34.292 in quantity.
|11.||Construction Time||24 weeks to build, 19 weeks in quantity.|
|12.||Comments|| There is a squadron of this fighter deployed in the Tsorva (world) system.
The Enchanted Nist Fighter Squadron 174nd NFS, are one of the only units to still operate this fighter. These craft have long been removed from front line service and are only deployed in the lowest readiness level reserve units. They were carried into battle aboard Hyperion class Escort Carriers or based on system defense outposts.
Distant Fringe Vessels
The Distant Fringe is said to be a far spinward-rimward area inhabited by colonists and refugees originating on Terra. The region is extremely isolated, separated from the rest of Charted Space by vast, almost uncrossable rifts that were once broached by a system of calibration Points and the use of tankers. Those few academics within Charted Space who have found references to the Distant Fringe regard it as little more than a tall tale. Likewise, many of the inhabitants of the Distant Fringe believe the existence of Charted Space to be mythical.
Vessels originating within the Distant Fringe are very rarely encountered outside of the region. However, misjumps do occur and anomalies with bizarre spacetime and Jumpspace effects exist: as such, craft of this type are not entirely unknown within Charted Space.
Class Naming Practice/s & Peculiarities
Individual vessels are generally named by their crews.
- Individual vessels within the class are issued specific serial numbers and transponder codes.
- Naming a ship is considered a serious affair and is generally accompanied by a traditional ceremony, usually pouring a local beverage over the bows of the craft. Spacefarers tend to be superstitious folk and a ship with a frivolous name is considered "unlucky".
Selected Variant Types & Classes
- Type FB class Bomber
- A-4 Voodi class Strike Bomber
|This article has Metadata|
|This article is missing content for one or more detailed sections. Additional details are required to complete the article. You can help the Traveller Wiki by expanding it.|
- Marc Miller, Frank Chadwick, John Harshman. High Guard (Game Designers Workshop, 1980), 20-37. (Design Sequence Used)
- Traveller Wiki Editorial Team
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis), Captain, and Lead Naval Architect Ronald B. Kline, Jr. of the Imperial Navy
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master Scout Emeritus Adie Alegoric Stewart of the IISS
- Author & Contributor: Lord (Marquis) and Master of Sophontology Maksim-Smelchak of the Ministry of Science