From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Date: 980 Imperial|
|Previous and Following Years|
|970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979|
|981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990|
|See also:||Date Conversion
- Large-scale facilities built on the partially terraformed surface of Akimasi (Solomani Rim 1201). Unfortunately, outside support soon falters after the Akimasi Development Authority is caught in a series of legal battles.
- New Greenpernt (Solomani Rim 2135) given self-rule.
- A Zhodani surprise strike at Porozlo (Spinward Marches 2715) forces the world to declare itself open, giving the Zhodani a refueling point for attacking Rhylanor (Spinward Marches 2716).
- For strategic reasons, the Imperial Navy re-contacts and builds a naval base at Vanejen (Spinward Marches 3119).
- A new, militant government, influenced by the Church of the Chosen Ones, seizes control of the Glory of Taarskoerzn, a small state on the spin-rimward edge of the Windhorn.
- Starport at Paya (Spinward Marches 2509) built by Regina (Spinward Marches 1910) investors after Tukera Lines guarantees runs there.
- Imperial Strike Cruiser Eldorado misjumps into New Islands Subsector, contacts Serendip Belt (Reft 1323) for repairs to its jump drives and returns to the Imperium using auxiliary tanks.