From Traveller Wiki - Science-Fiction Adventure in the Far future
|Date: 1,080 Imperial|
|Previous and Following Years|
|1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079|
|1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090|
|See also:||Date Conversion
- The Anubian Trade Coalition, a somewhat young, aggressive trade empire is founded by descendants from Solomani colonists centered in the Anubis subsector of the Hinterworlds.
- Factional politics begin to polarize the presidium of Horosho (Spinward Marches 2138).
- First recorded attack of the "Giants" of Kaiid (Lishun 0621).
- Emperor Strephon orders the formation of a civilian government by the Brinn for Divad (Corridor 2238).
- Thetis-Laputa Coalition dominates the trade routes of Kukulkan Subsector. Kukulcan (Solomani Rim 2835) suffers a severe recession.
- Goldarn Trading Company organized on Kaasu (Corridor 1209), owned by Nilhil Goldarn.
- Imperial Navy conducts a thorough search of the surface of Luna (world), the moon of Terra (Solomani Rim 1827) and does not find any uncharted Solomani bases.
- Dakaar Trading enslaves the Languljigee minor race on Lajanjigal (Reavers' Deep 1721), to begin mining rare earth elements and radioactives discovered by one of their survey ships.
- Imperial covert operations within the human-dominated state of Ral Ranta in Hinterworlds Sector bears fruit as several rebellions and succession disputations begin over the next four decades.
- Ochecate (Spinward Marches 0837) is colonized by Mewey (Spinward Marches 0838) with Aslan assistance.
- The Kellerman family rises to prominence on Polyphemus (Solomani Rim 1537).
- Emperor Strephon announces the appointment of Commodore Torrence Beem as the new director of the Imperial Ministry of Justice Special Branch.
- Foundations of the Tao Gwi philosophical movement by Shana Hailiang, a human citizen of the Vegan world of Hsuishlesh (Solomani Rim 1120). Tao Gwi states that humans, like Vegans, should also live in tolerant tuhuir.
- A series of demonstrations on Zamine (Spinward Marches 0421) heralds the rise of anti-Confederation sentiment.
- The Anubian Trade Coalition in the Hinterworlds Sector begins a string of major trading coups that ultimately cause trade to move away from the established Beyerly's Path route to the newer Bruia Diagonal and Alike runs.