Classic Traveller Supplement 1
|Publisher||Game Designers Workshop|
|Product no. 303|
Contains 1001 pre-generated Traveller characters ready for use as non-player characters, quick characters for a spur-of-the-moment game, or to supplement the work of the referee. Plus a bonus of nine characters drawn from science-fiction.
No named credits are listed in the book.
Meta-history and Background
The nine characters drawn from science fiction were identified in Issue 1 of the Journal of the Travellers' Aid Society as:
- 1. John Carter of Mars, from the John Carter of Mars series by Edgar Rice Burroughs;
- 2. Kimball Kinnison, from the Lensman Series by E. E. "Doc" Smith;
- 3. Jason dinAlt, from the Deathworld Trilogy by Harry Harrison;
- 4. Earl Dumarest, from the Dumarest Saga by E. C. Tubb;
- 5. Beowulf Shaeffer, from some of the Known Space series by Larry Niven;
- 6. Anthony Villiers, from Starwell and The Thurb Revolution by Alexei Panshin
- 7. Dominic Flandry, from the Flandry Series by Poul Anderson
- 8. Kirth Gersen, from The Killing Machine by Jack Vance;
- 9. Gully Foyle, from The Stars My Destination by Alfred Bester.
Table of Contents
Characters 1 Navy 2 Marines 8 Army 14 Scouts 20 Merchants 26 Other 32 Chance Encounters 38